Members of the US Peace Council and our Fact Finding Peace Delegation to Syria recently published the following video on Syria. It provides an excellent overview of what is really happening in Syria.
Below are some links that lead to some articles with basic Syria facts. Some of these writers, even after undermining much of the US propaganda on Syria, repeat harsh and biased western judgements as if it is just too dangerous to step entirely outside the Political ‘consensus’. But, I trust my readers to separate factual presentations from the kind of reflexive judgements that keep one within the bounds of ‘mainstream analysis’ and are the foundation of the US drive for the destruction of the Syrian Republic. Others stand proudly outside the Washington consensus.
- Robert Kennedy Jr, Politico: Why the Arabs Don’t Want Us in Syria
- Steven Kinzer, Boston Globe: The Media are Misleading the Public on Syria
- Robert Perry, Consortium News: New ‘Group Think’ for War with Syria/Russia
- Gary Leupp, Counterpunch: An Urgently Necessary Briefing on Syria
- Rev. Andrew Ashdown, 21st Century Wire: Voices from Syria: Reports from Inside Syria
- Eva Bartlett, Dissident Voice: Deconstructing the NATO Narrative on Syria
- Max Blumenthal, Alternet: Inside the Shadowy PR Firm that is Lobbying for Regime Change in Syria
- Rania Khalek, Intercept: U.S. and EU Sanctions Are Punishing Ordinary Syrians and Crippling Aid Work, U.N. Report Reveals
Several members of my Delegation to Syria held a press conference at the United Nations with Dr. Ja’afari. Listen if you would like to hear other voices describing their experience in Syria and what they learned there.Read more
Greetings from Damascus. We had some great meetings so far this week. SANA News has been following us everywhere and reporting on our meetings daily. The show of solidarity means a lot to them. On Monday we met with the ministers of Health an Reconciliation. Ali Haidar is a very interesting person. His party is the Syrian Socialist National Party (SSNP). They were leaders in the peaceful resistance before the violence began. He has very interesting methods in his current position. We had him to dinner this evening. He never had a chance to eat but he gave a very interesting history of the political context in Syria. More on all this later.
We have met with Members of the government, the Chairman of the Lawyers Syndicate, the President of Damascus University and some members of the Damascus Chamber of Industry. The members of the government and the others all have the same message: The sanctions are harming the people of Syria and Syrian society. There are specific sanctions on medical supplies and oil infrastructure as well as the general sanctions that have made international bank transactions impossible and have severely depreciated the value of the Syrian Lb. There is only a political solution to the war but it must be an internal political solution. The objective of the government is to expel the foreign terrorists and make a reconciliation with those Syrian nationals who are currently disaffected and fighting their country. The United States could assist in this process by ceasing to arm and provide resources to the mercenaries engaged in the war, and restrain their allies to the same policy.Read more